TL;DR version: Anyone is interested in writing (or finding) an
javax.annotation.processing.Processor that removes @SuppressFBWarnings
annotation when we compile with javac, and integrate that with our
build?

Long version:

Compiling code that depends on FreeMarker 2.3.24 with Gradle issues a
bunch of these:

  warning: Cannot find annotation method 'value()' in type
  'SuppressFBWarnings': class file for
  edu.umd.cs.findbugs.annotations.SuppressFBWarnings not found

It turns out that it happens with the default Gradle setup as well.
Worse, the project where I ran into this has -Werror switch, which
means that compilation warnings and treated as errors. Thus the
upgrade to 2.3.24 has broken that build. So clearly, either the
SuppressFBWarnings-s will have to be removed or commented out (which
is a loss in code quality control), or somehow they have to be removed
automatically on compilation. Maybe a custom annotation processor
(javax.annotation.processing.Processor) can do that (removing
SuppressFBWarnings annotations). If that's not possible, then copying
and filter the source code is another option, though it's ugly (and
maybe will get even uglier if we switch to in FM3 Maven). Anyone is
interested in figuring this out?

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany