![](https://link.nylas.com/open/5xm8m568zhx9qyloglsg31huz/local-
f9830cf8-c217?r=ZGV2QGZyZWVtYXJrZXIuaW5jdWJhdG9yLmFwYWNoZS5vcmc=)

On Mar 6 2017, at 7:24 am, Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu> wrote:

> Anyway, anybody has thoughts about this?

This sort of contribution seems to come up a lot with open source projects,
and IMO this is in the category of something that doesn't make sense in the
core project but rather as an extension or add on that (at least initially) is
better as a separate project. GitHub or the like are helpful places to host
them and some page on the FreeMarker site (or in a wiki) can be dedicated to
listing these related projects. I've seen these referred to as 'awesome'
lists, but I have not idea where that term came from!

-David

> Monday, March 6, 2017, 12:07:26 PM, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:

> > Hi folks,
>
> I'm playing around with Template Engines for a couple of years and
> over Christmas I moved some of my code from Velocity for FreeMarker.
>
> One piece of code which could be useful to the public is
> https://github.com/sgoeschl/freemarker-cli
> <https://github.com/sgoeschl/freemarker-cli>
>
> * Don’t now if I already re-invented the wheel :-)
> * Please note that this is my first contact with Apache FreeMarker
> * I would like to ditch Groovy and migrate to a stand-alone Java application
> * It is already under ASL-2.0
>
> So the question is - could this be a useful contribution to the
> project?! As far as I know open source is not oneway only :-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>

> \--
Thanks,