How about...

* deploy function
* deploy cache-listener
* deploy cache-loader
* deploy resource (jar, xml, properties, etc)
* etc.

Might as was make it explicit.  For instance, I may have a JAR file I just
deployed (uploaded) that contains Functions, Listeners, Loaders, Writers,
etc but I only want to deploy functions.

Having 1 uber "deploy" command with many options gets cumbersome.

It is a simple matter to introduce multiple command but have those commands
share similar logic.  This would also enable different workflows for
different commands in a more non-convoluted, maintainable way.

These could be matched with corresponding `undeploy` commands.

Food for thought,

John

--
-John