1. If max-connection is set to 800 on server-side.
When the server reaches the max-connection, it rejects any new client
connections. That means any client trying to connect to the server may be
unable to do so...If you expect more than 800 client connection at any
time, you can increase this by changing the max-connection...it was set to
800 for historical reason (to control number of file-descriptors open),
thats been addressed in later releases...

2. Putall with batch-size around 1 MB. And using 800 threads to insert.
If you are trying to speed-up the data ingestion rate using multiple
threads; there could be factors you need to consider; thread
context-switching, network buffer size, parallelizing data communication
between sockets (data pockets are written and consumed at the tcp layer),
cpu availability, etc..
You may need to try out with small number and keep increasing it to find
the optimal setting that gives max through-put on your environment.
Also, are you trying to do put-all on PR region, in that case (with
single-hop enabled) the putall will be broken into multiple batches/putall,
based on the bucket regions (to forward the data to right
bucket/destination).

-Anil.