Hi Jinmei-

*> Do we know why in our admin rest api, we have these two kind
of OpeationInvokers*

Yes.

The Javadoc
<https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/rel/v1.1.1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/management/internal/web/shell/SimpleHttpOperationInvoker.java#L33-L34>
[1]
somewhat explains the reason for this, but...

In a nutshell, the Management (or "Admin") REST-like API  has 2 type of
REST service endpoints.

First, are "Well-Known
<https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/rel/v1.1.1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/management/internal/web/controllers/ShellCommandsController.java#L143-L294>"
[2] with actual *Spring Web MVC* Controller Endpoints corresponding to each
of the *Gfsh* commands (e.g. `create region
<https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/rel/v1.1.1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/management/internal/web/controllers/RegionCommandsController.java#L156-L228>`
[3]).

Then, there is a "Catch-all
<https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/rel/v1.1.1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/management/internal/web/controllers/ShellCommandsController.java#L68-L70>"
endpoint [4], which is what the SimpleHttpOperationInvoker
<https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/rel/v1.1.1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/management/internal/web/shell/SimpleHttpOperationInvoker.java#L49>
"invokes" [5].  The idea behind this endpoint was, often times, someone
would add a new command but forget to update the Admin REST API to match,
with "explicit" support (e.g. both this [2] and this [3]) for the new
command.

While this later approach works, it is not highly recommended and is
certainly not very "REST-like", much less "REST-ful".

In fact, the former, "Well-Known" endpoints I setup separately and
individually in order to eventually introduce proper "Resource
abstractions" for each of the REST API service endpoints for each of the
*Gfsh* commands rather than the very use of HTTP Request Parameters to
naively "reconstruct" the Gfsh command-line syntax that is largely still in
place today.  However, I never got that far before the priorities changed.

So, *Gfsh* selects which HTTP-based OperationInvoker to use based on the
availability of the command in the Admin REST API "Index" [2].

Anyway, there is much to know in terms of the reasons why this API was
designed the way it was at the time.  I'd say it still needs a lot of work
realize the full vision I had for it when it was created, something I
documented quite well and gave to the leadership team at that time.

If you have more questions, let's talk live.

Cheers,
John

[1]
https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/rel/v1.1.1/geode-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geode/management/internal/web/shell/SimpleHttpOperationInvoker.java#L33-L34