Hi Addison,

What kind of setup do you have that is causing you to have PDX serialized
objects that cannot be deserialized? Do you have classes that are present
on some servers but not others?

This change would break the contract of region.get() , which is that it
returns a value of a type that can be put into the region.

Returning something that isn't what the user is expecting to be in the
region would require users to check for PdxInstances every time they get a
value -- even though the type annotations say that you can't get a
PdxInstance back (except for Region<Object,Object> ).

I think it would be better to have a second API that allows users to get
and put PdxInstance objects in regions. That way, if they want to handle
the exceptional case where they have a serialized object that can't be
deserialized, they can catch the ClassNotFound exception and get the
underlying PdxInstance.

I do think that the possibility of a ClassNotFoundException should be
documented in the Region API.

Cheers,
Galen