What if we require certs to have correct hostnames and automatically perform
hostname verification.  No property required.  The only counter argument I can
think of is that this change might require users to regenerate certificates
when upgrading.  Perhaps we start by logging a warning for N releases, then
make HN verification a hard requirement.

Anthony