Following up on this - is there anything we still need to do before we cut
the 1.8 release branch in 2 weeks?

Overall I think the native client source code looks like it's in good shape
- we're running rat, the LICENSE and NOTICE look good, no binaries in the
source, etc.

For cutting the release branch, do we have criteria other than passing
travis [1] ?
What will our release steps should look like for the native client - just
tar up the source and sign it with gpg?

If we can have this figured out ahead of time and at least provisionally
added to the release steps [2] I think it will help this release go a
little smoother.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/geode-native/branches
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Releasing+Apache+Geode