> 2. No zip file for the geode, just .tgz.

I believe this was changed a few months ago to simplify our build and release
process.  Distributing as both .zip and .tgz is a relic of a time before
WinZip, WinRar, 7-Zip, and most other popular zip utilities gained native
support for .tgz archives.  If there is still a segment of the Geode user
community that would suffer hardship due to lack of .zip packaging, we should
revisit this decision.

-Owen