For clarification...

1. SBDG 1.1 is the "*current*" development line (on
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/master/gradle.properties#L17>
master
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/master/gradle.properties#L17>
[1]);
SBDG 1.2 is *not* yet in development.
2. SBDG 1.1 is at RC1
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot-data-geode/releases> [2].
3. SBDG 1.1 is based on Spring Boot 2.1
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/1.1.0.RC1/gradle.properties#L8>
[3]
and Spring Data (Geode) Lovelace
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/1.1.0.RC1/gradle.properties#L12>
[4]
(or SDG 2.1
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/1.1.0.RC1/gradle.properties#L10>
[5]);
This is not arbitrary because all the stars (bits, transitive dependency
versions) must "align" as defined by what Spring Boot 2.1 declares, and
Spring Boot 2.1 is based on
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/blob/v2.1.7.RELEASE/spring-boot-project/spring-boot-dependencies/pom.xml#L169>
[6]
Spring Data Lovelace/2.1.
4. Spring Data Geode (SDG) Lovelace/2.1 is based on
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-data-geode/blob/2.1.10.RELEASE/pom.xml#L25>
[7]
Apache Geode 1.6.
5. All SDG Lovelace/2.1.x versions will always be based on the latest
Apache Geode 1.6.x anything (currently, 1.6.0) until the rest of time.
This ship has sailed.

~~~~

6. SBDG 1.2, when it reaches development (soon),will be based on Spring
Boot 2.2
<https://github.com/jxblum/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/1.2.x/gradle.properties#L8>
[8],
Spring Data (Geode) Moore
<https://github.com/jxblum/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/1.2.x/gradle.properties#L12>
[9]
(or SDG 2.2
<https://github.com/jxblum/spring-boot-data-geode/blob/1.2.x/gradle.properties#L10>
[10]);
This is also not arbitrary because Spring Boot 2.2 declares a dependency on
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/blob/v2.2.0.M5/spring-boot-project/spring-boot-dependencies/pom.xml#L185>
[11]
Spring Data Moore.  Again, the stars must align.
7. Spring Data Geode (SDG) Moore/2.2 is based on
<https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-data-geode/blob/2.2.0.RC2/pom.xml#L25>
[12]
Apache Geode 1.9.0.
8. As you can see, SDG Moore/2.2 is already in release candidates (i.e. RC2
or the 2nd release candidate), which means SDG cannot be rebased on 1.10 at
this point.  The transitive dependency major.minor versions are now fixed
for SD(G) Moore/2.2.
9. SDG Moore/2.2 can pick up any version of Apache Geode 1.9.x (e.g. 1.9.1
up to  1.9.N where N is 0... infinity).

Finally, SDG's next opportunity to pick up Apache Geode 1.10 or 1.11 or
1.whatever is in the next SD Release Trains, Neuman, or 2.3.  SDG can
continue to pick up new versions of Apache Geode 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, etc
until SDG Neuman/2.3 reaches it's first release candidate (RC) release, at
which point the major.minor becomes fixed in that particular SD Release
Train, until the next SD Release Train (Neuman.next).

Make sense?

So, it is the SDG version (along with Spring Boot core) that SBDG depends
on that determines the version of Apache Geode that SBDG pulls in.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
John

[1]