The VOTE for 1.9.1.RC1 failed due to lack of quorum, so re-opening this thread
to continue the discussion.

Is there still a need for a 1.9 patch release (especially given that 1.10.0.RC1
is expected later this week)?

If so, perhaps we should back up a step or two and first:
1) come to rough consensus that 1.9.1 is still desired (and what should be in
it)
2) ensure that we have Geode PMC support for this release
3) go through the formal process of voting each cherry-pick in the patch release

This could result in a recommendation to re-vote on RC1, a recommendation to
produce a new RC2, a recommendation to pull the plug (or no recommendation).

As a failsafe, I hereby invoke lazy consensus: In the event that no explicit
decision to move forward with 1.9.1 is reached by 3pm PDT Wed Sep 4, I will
dismantle the current 1.9.1 branch, pipeline and nexus staging repo and remove
1.9.1 from the release notes wiki.

-Owen