Udo, I think you are making a great point! I am fully bought into trusting
our committers to know how many reviews are needed for their PRs. We should
be able to have the same trust into knowing when it's OK to merge. If a
committer wants to they can after all, always merge and push without a PR.
That's because we trust them.

If we are seeing that our committers merge without sufficient review (via
human or automated means), is this an education problem we can solve?