Yes, sorry I re-read mail and see that it is not the same issue.
Here is how it is working now:

OrderPolicy cannot have an invalid string as it doesn't allow any string except
this from the OrderPolicy.ENUM: KEY, THREAD and PARTITION.

  1.  If dispatcher threads is more than 1 you need to set order-policy to one
of this OrderPolicy.ENUM. In case you set any other string you will get:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to convert 'XXX' to type OrderPolicy
for option 'order-policy'
No enum constant org.apache.geode.cache.wan.GatewaySender.OrderPolicy.XXX
  2.  If dispatcher threads is equal 1 it doesn't need order-policy as it is
alone there(You can set order-policy to some of this values, but they don't
have any impact as it will not be used).
  3.  If it is lower than 1 you will get exception and message that dispatcher
threads cannot be less than 1.

I guess that you refer to the documentation where is set that default value of
order-policy is key, in that case the correction in documentation is needed or
code change to always use default if it is not specified while creating gateway
sender.

BR,
Mario