Just my two cents.

I think that we should probably strip CI into a separate repo. The key
indicator is that if something were wrong in the CI yaml, would I hold a
release for that? I think no. So that suggests to me it is a separate thing.
Same goes for benchmarks. If we were failing a benchmark I would be concerned,
but if the script were broken, would I hold the release? I think no as well.

I think that says that the CI code should also be a separate repo.

Thanks,
Mark