> If geode-benchmarks is included, that implies that an RC cannot be
approved until reviewers can successfully run the benchmark suite from the
geode-benchmarks source distribution.  Is that what we want?

I think it would be sufficient to run the tests of the benchmarks, eg
./gradlew test

> Deploying CI pipelines and running Benchmarks seems like a prime example
of things we’d be happy to help others in the community with on the dev
list — but not something we would expect questions about on the user list.

I think it would be valuable to share our benchmarks with the geode user
community. The benchmark framework itself (the harness module) is a fairly
generic benchmarking framework than can be used to benchmark anything that
can be spun up using java. The geode-benchmark module has geode benchmarks
that could be used for testing specific hardware, for example.

-Dan