This way we can run the Geode code ClassLoaderIsolated or “normal” depending on
what ClassLoaderService we decide to pass in.

—Udo
On Sep 15, 2020, 3:42 AM +1000, Donal Evans <doev...@vmware.com>, wrote:
Sounds good to me. One question though: is it likely that the
ClassLoaderService configuration will need to be persisted at all? For example,
would it be reasonable to provide a user with the ability to specify a new
ClassLoaderService implementation to be used upon cluster restart (via GFSH or
REST), which would require some sort of persisted configuration? If this is
likely, will the currently proposed implementation provide this functionality,
or will that be left for future work? I only ask because I'm not sure how easy
it is to convert something into a persistent service vs creating it as one in
the first place. If it's trivial, then no worries.
________________________________
From: Udo Kohlmeyer <u...@vmware.com>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2020 3:42 AM
To: geode <dev@geode.apache.org>
Subject: [Discussion] - ClassLoaderService RFC proposal

Hi there Apache Geode Devs, (try 2)

Please find attached a proposal for a ClassLoaderService. Please review and
ponder on it.

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2FGEODE%2FIntroduction%2Bof%2BClassLoaderService%2Binto%2BGeode&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cudo%40vmware.com%7C7fa63fb521b7420dda7608d858d58b5d%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637357021472112142&amp;sdata=Hr3c2OPVJypxFiL%2BIlX6tpjdQYo%2BPHIrG68JjZNfHqc%3D&amp;reserved=0

All comments are please to be made in this mail thread.

—Udo