Hi,

After the introduction of GEODE-9702
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-9702), adding a new method to a
public interface will make the api-check-test-openjdk11 fail even if a default
implementation is provided.

My question is if the goal of this change is to forbid this type of changes in
minor versions or if there is a process to follow in order for changes of this
type to be added.

I wanted to propose (in an RFC) the addition of a new parameter to the create
gateway sender command that would require adding a new method to the
GatewaySender interface as well as to other public interfaces and I was
wondering if this will be possible at all, and if so, how should I proceed with
it.

Thanks,

Alberto