On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Anilkumar Gingade <aging...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Agree...And thats the point...The connector code needs to catch up with
> spark release train; if its part of Geode then the Geode releases needs to
> happen as often as Spark release (along with other planned Geode release)...

I don't think this is a realistic goal to have that many actively
supported branches
of Geode Spark connector.

Look, I've been around Hadoop ecosystem for years. Nowhere the problem of
integration with upstream is as present as in Hadoop ecosystem
(everything depends
on everything else and everything evolves like crazy). I haven't seen a single
project in that ecosystem that would be able to support a blanket statement
like the above. May be Geode has resources that guys depending on something
like HBase simply don't have.

Thanks,
Roman.