Greetings community,
Whether it was a typo or intended, I've seen some recent discrepancies in
how we are "numbering" the first release of Apache Geode.

Given that this software has a long commercial heritage that previously
ended  in version 8.x, I could see we might choose to label it "9.0" given
the major platform changes that have occurred.

However, I totally understand if its numbered "0.x" or "1.x Alpha" since
this is its first release as an Apache project.

Personally, I'd like to see a "9.0 Alpha" since this software is some
serious stuff solving some major problems in its prior ownership model.

-Greg