Wednesday is good for me.  More below....

On Nov 8, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

The vote to do a M3 release before ApacheCon was positive. Now
the question is when. I know many of us are travelling on Friday. I
suggest we prepare the release on Wednesday, so we have a bit of time to
look it over before anyone hops on a plane.

        I'm not really looking for another vote, just speak up if you have
a problem with Wednesday being "the day".

        Hopefully there won't be any trouble getting a stable build for
the M3 release, but if there is, we may need to revert some changes and
ask them to be re-applied after the M3.

So my plan is to continue to work on the release notes and, umm,
last-minute features until Wednesday and then get a stable build and
capture a "modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" as the
official M3 and then change it into a tarball and zip instead of a JAR and
sign it and post the release notes and download archives...
David B, if you're bored and want to take charge of this, you're
more than welcome to. :)

Here is the filter settings you should use to create the "Unfinished" section of the changelog:

Project: Apache Geronimo
Fix Version/s: No versions
Affects Version/s: 1.0-M1,1.0-M2
Sorted by:  Key descending

Don't sweat the binary work. I've got a few hacked up scripts to tar,zip, md5, sha, pgp, and scp the source and binary distros.

Though after all this is over, I would *love* get your help in converting them to jelly/maven so it would be easy for any of us to cut a release. I'd also like to automate the creation of the changelog. I have part of a stylesheet for it, but nothing working.

-David