On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:16:17 +0000, Rob Harrop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm going to agree with Jules on this - adding another layer of proxies
> in here is not a particularly good idea nor is it something we know will
> even work. If Spring has already supplied a CGLIB proxy, then we cannot
> proxy it again directly. We will have to create a lot of workarounds for
> this when can essentially achieve this functionality with a small amount
> of code in the kernel.

I agree with Rob and Jules on this one. We need to provide
*something*. If we don't allow for applications that already have JMX
managed components, then these apps cannot be fully integrated. Tomcat
is the first one of these apps that comes to mind. It has JMX
components within it already. If we provide integration path for these
types of apps, we're effectively thumbing our noses at them.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/