On Mar 31, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

On Mar 31, 2005, at 6:17 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

On Mar 31, 2005, at 6:14 PM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

I think we should keep as much history as possible, at least the dependencies for all maintained branches.

I would say, we never remove a jar. A SNAPSHOT jar should just be a simlink to a numbered jar (this is what maven does already).

Re the snapshots, doesn't that result in piles of useless crap? I mean, why keep the old numbered jars around? The build conditions for them are variable at best, and I can't think of situations where you'd need to go and use an old one. ?

It could. But the main argument to keep old numbered snapshot jars is so that you can build an old source release of of geronimo that might depend on a old numbered snapshot release.

How? do we ever list the snapshot number in project.xml?

I think for a release, yes.. we should take the effort and specify the snapshot number.

I'm confused, and want to make sure we're not just talking past each other accidentally. For a release, we don't use snapshots anyway, right? We'd generate a set of jars all with the release version number in the filename.

geir

-- Geir Magnusson Jr +1-203-665-6437 [EMAIL PROTECTED]