On Apr 4, 2005, at 4:45 PM, David Blevins wrote:

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:10:55PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005, at 9:59 AM, David Blevins wrote:

Seems like we are going in circles on this one. Can we reasonable
agree that it isn't practical to hold up a Geronimo release till
every project we have a snapshot depenency on is able to hand us some
sort of official release of their own?

+1

We do our best to eliminate the SNAPSHOTs, but the reality is we can't
always eliminate all of them.

You guys are crazy. We have to be able to eliminate them, especially
for production releases. Even before we're 1.0, I would expect that our
0.8 and 0.9 stuff are becoming good enough for some dependable use, and
thus we should only depend on released software.

What is 0.8 and 0.9?

Oh, sorry. I keep thinking in terms of versions leading up to a 1.0 release. I know we don't do that here (yet), but just think of things that way.

IOW, I think that a 1.0 should be fairly dependable, and thus the fractional releases leading up to 1.0 should be the kind of code you can work with some reasonable amount of trust.

In any event, having snapshots of external projects is something we should avoid.

geir

-David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]