On Apr 4, 2005, at 5:48 PM, David Blevins wrote:

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:10:55PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005, at 9:59 AM, David Blevins wrote:

Seems like we are going in circles on this one. Can we reasonable
agree that it isn't practical to hold up a Geronimo release till
every project we have a snapshot depenency on is able to hand us some
sort of official release of their own?

+1

We do our best to eliminate the SNAPSHOTs, but the reality is we can't
always eliminate all of them.

You guys are crazy. We have to be able to eliminate them, especially
for production releases. Even before we're 1.0, I would expect that our
0.8 and 0.9 stuff are becoming good enough for some dependable use, and
thus we should only depend on released software.

You do realize we are talking about two different things here. No one in their right mind would propose SNAPSHOT dependencies are a good idea for releases of any kind. Not only do I strongly agree, I think we shouldn't switch something back to SNAPSHOT after a release.

Sorry - I must have misunderstood the following :