Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On May 28, 2005, at 1:41 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

I think I wrote something a little confusing...let me clarify...

What we do to a subset of Geronimo has impact on the whether it passes. However if Geronimo passes the TCK, then a subset would include the features that passed.

Technically speaking, you couldn't make that claim.

Does the law of transitivity not apply here? If Jetty passes the TCK, would its use on its own in a Geronimo Lite (i.e. G + Jetty only) not mean that we are using the passed component for web?

My point was:

Full G Change (where it passes) ---> G Lite contains passed code.

but

G Lite is changed -----> May impact full G's passing of TCK.

Please clarify how this claim may not be valid.

Jeff