On Jul 4, 2005, at 12:51 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

Jeff Genender wrote:

Hi,
I am writing an article for DevWorks on hooking in third party apps into Geronimo. The article is basically about writing a GBean for Quartz. Its written and works pretty good. Then I got to thinking...why not just place the GBean/module into Geronimo, so Geronimo can have a powerful scheduler as part of its offering. Many app servers have a minimal daemon process at best, and I thought having a full scale scheduler as part of the Geronimo offering could be a great addition and will give it an edge. Quartz is developed by OpenSymphony and after reading their license, I do not see any GPL or LGPL attachments. Does anyone know the licensing of it?
Anyone have objections or issues to adding it into the distibution?

I've been thinking of this one for a while, so no, I'm happy someone else picked it up.

Apart from licensing, from a technical note I would like to see how this would integrate with a central Work manager so that scheduled activities could be co-ordinated with other Work.

Right, for example there's interest in doing JSR-237, the Work Manager API. I've told the spec leads that we'd be interested (so Apache would participate in the JSR) and there has been recent work started here....

geir

--
Jeremy

[EMAIL PROTECTED]