+1 on the switch idea.  It would be nice to have this sort of control.

Aaron Mulder wrote:
        I guess one of the important questions -- and maybe this is what
you meant by a service -- is should Geronimo be launched in the background
or left running for Ctrl-C.  The Tomcat builds I've used semi-recently
seem to kick it off in the background.  I kind of prefer the foreground
during development, and background for servers.  It would be extra nice
just to support a -daemon switch or something (so the default was
foreground but it's easy to force into the background).

Aaron