On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> On the framework side, there are a couple but the separation between
> action and render gives problems for some e.g. the Struts portlet
> framework originally double dispatched to the actions (not sure if that
> has been fixed yet).

        Is there an official struts/portlet integration package?  I didn't
see one.  Can you point me to it?

> The other thing that seems ironic is that most of the portlets are
> probably going to be very small implementations and there is a good
> chance that the footprint of the framework will be far larger than that
> of the portlet itself.

        Well, I'm not so sure that's true.  I listed like 9 functions of
the web server manager portlet, and the EJB server manager one will be
nearly identical.  I think the database, JMS, and application portlets are
going to be similarly complex (list, deploy, configure,
start/stop/undeploy, confirm action, view DDs, ...).  CORBA and security
realms seem likely to be fairly ugly too.  Overall, I think cleaning up
and standardizing the complex ones like that is worth almost any amount of
overhead on the super-simple ones like the JVM system properties view.

Aaron