On 10/29/05, Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why not consolidate the entire Geronimo community, or as much as
> possible, into the Geronimo project itself?
>
> I bounced this idea off a few people and the feedback I got was very
> positive.  This idea keeps popping up and before it gets to far along
> I want to bring it to the dev list.
>
> One thing you should really think about is this requires a big
> commitment from the Geronimo community.  There are a lot of projects,
> code and committers that we will need to integrate into our
> community.  Most of the projects will have to go through incubation,
> which as you all know is not easy.  On the positive side, we already
> work closely with these projects, and are very familiar with the
> communities and code.
>
> As you can tell, I'm very excited about this.  What do you think?
> Who would want to come?

+10000000! A fantastic idea Dain.

Some of the projects have already been mentioned - XBean, OpenEJB, and
TranQL. Hiram also mentioned ActiveMQ and all the ActiveStrachan
projects. How about ServiceMix, too?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/