If you are in J2SE you can get a ConnectionFactory from JNDI using these instructions...

http://activemq.org/JNDI+Support

On 25 Jan 2006, at 00:16, Simon wrote:

This is j2se client (plain java). I thought as well that I can not get
connection factory from jndi outside container; However active-mq website (http://www.activemq.org/Geronimo) says it is possible; (Apparently they connect to the jms server for jndi lookup). But they gloss over the name of
the connection factory, and I could not make it work.

Simon

Is this a J2EE application client (using the client container) or a
"plain Java" standalone client?  If you have a J2SE client I don't
think there's any way to access JMS or JDBC resources in JNDI; for an
application client using the client container I believe you can
essentailly deploy the JMS resource group as part of your client
application deployment plan so it runs in the client environment, but
I haven't worked through this myself.

Thanks,
  Aaron