Hi Vincent,

Yes, there is. There are more then one, actually. It depends on what
you're talking to.

The most common API is to use JMX Remoting via maven plugin or
stripping out the Maven layers - doing it programatically. Take a look
at plugins/geronimo-deployment-plugin or read it
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Running.

Example:

        <deploy:waitForStarted
            uri="jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi:/JMXConnector"
            username="system"
            password="manager"
            maxTries="120"
            id="geronimo/j2ee-deployer/${geronimo_version}/car"/>

I'm also sure you can find something more direct in the kernel or
system modules, esp. in their unit tests.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl