On 2/13/2006 7:15 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

What would folks think of (in principle, not right now) splitting out
the core Geronimo components from anything that wraps a 3rd-party
product/project?  So have one area for modules like kernel, security,
core, system, etc. and a separate area for modules like Jetty, Tomcat,
ActiveMQ, Directory, jUDDI, etc.  I guess mainly to draw the
distinction between what's really part of the infrastructure and
what's really "optional packages" that can be added on top (and I'm
talking about "optional" in a non-J2EE-server sense where you start
with literally nothing but the infrastructure and add only waht you
want, or something like that).  So we'd still pull a lot of that in
for our "J2EE" builds, but it would make a clearer distinction for
anyone who wanted a more custom build.

I am shocked that this is not going into a patch release.  ;)

Sounds cool to me.

Regards,
Alan