Prasad Kashyap wrote:
That's right. I have the deployment plugin in m2. I'm testing each of
the goals one by one as I use them in the itests project. The itests
project is also in m2.

I like Gianny's roadmap. We'll know the potholes and pitfalls only
when we start driving. So either we could randomly take a few modules
to convert or identify the complex ones.

Even with the complex ones, we have 2 options
1) convert them the first, they'll be the prototype for the rest.
2) convert them the last, at which point we drop all m1 and it's
baggage complete and make that final dash to m2.

I have already created m2 poms for a lot of modules. A list can be found here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1629 .

Modules still missing m2 builds are:

axis, axis-builder, jetty, jetty-builder, tomcat, tomcat-builder, console-web, activemq-embedded-rar, interop, installer-processing, installer-support.

Most modules pose no problems regarding conversion. Short list of problems I have encountered:

Some modules uses various j2ee archives for testing which are assembled using jelly. An example of such a module is connector-builder. Any suggestions for migrating these?

Some modules have various resources placed in non-standard places, e.g. deploy-tool has a manifest.mf in src/conf. These resources should be moved to a standard place.

geronimo-system has some jelly to create a geronimo-version.properties file.

Lots of modules probably have redundant dependencies, since m2 has transitive dependencies. I have basically just copied the dependencies from the m1 project.xml.

The scope for the various dependencies needs to be specified.

Some modules uses geronimo-dependency-plugin.

If the m2 modules need to be used in the m1 builds, they should have groupId geronimo. Currently they have groupId org.apache.geronimo.

In short, all the 30 or so modules that I have submitted m2 poms for compiles. A couple of them skips tests, and a couple of them lacks some meta-info such as manifests.

/Anders