2006/3/9, Prasad Kashyap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> From the existing top level pom that we now have in the trunk, only 2
> modules fail a top down build.  (This is after you apply the patch for
> directory http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1717)

Committed as revision 384541. Must've missed it.

> The 2 modules having issues  are security and j2ee-schema.

What issues are you seeing in the security module? Just double-checked
it and it worked for me (be it executed in its own directory or in the
top-level directory with maven-surefire-plugin directory renamed in
the m2 local repo).

> For now, we need to skip tests for security. Is it still correct that
> a later surefire plugin or maven releases will fix it for us ?

Are you working with the latest sources? It seems you're not.

> For the j2ee-schema, we still don't know what the problem is. I had a
> conversation with David Jencks last evening, the gist of which can be
> seen in the JIRA comments. If nobody is looking at this, I can own
> this piece. Anita ? Henri ?

If you don't mind, go ahead (unless they're working on it).

> Here's my next concern. For these modules that have migrated to m2, we
> should include them in the daily G builds as soon as possible. If we
> don't pull out the m1 build artifacts, project.xml and maven.xml from
> the migrated modules, then there's a chance that those may get changed
> behind our backs while we go forward converting more. There might be a
> regression of issues.

Do you have an idea as to how to achieve it? GBuild? Never worked with
it and although Dave did a great job of documenting it, which might've
made it a simple tool, I won't be able to delve into it soon. Anyone
willing to jump in and take it over? Excellent chance to participate.

> Prasad.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski