Hi there,

I’ve spent quite some time trying to get the MDB sample (http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/JBoss+to+Geronimo+-+EJB-MDB+Migration) deployed using the eclipse plugin.   I was able to get it running eventually but I had to spend extra time in modifying the deployment plan to bypass the valid XML checking.   The extra editing is are not needed if I use the command line deployer or admin console.

The problem is that the plugin checks the deployment plan very strictly.  I have to use fully qualified elements, otherwise the plans are not treated as valid xmls, and the model editor will not be able to parse the resource and throws exception in the eclipse log.

For example:  the following is not treated as valid Geronimo deployment plan in eclipse environment.   But the command line deployer or admin console likes it:

  <ejb-ref>

    <ref-name>ejb/CustomerHome</ref-name>

    <target-name>

      geronimo.server:EJBModule=MDBDemo,J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=EntityBean,name=CustomerEJB

   </target-name>

  </ejb-ref>

I had to change it to the following just for Eclipse environment.  (xmlns:nam=http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0 is specified earlier in the plan)

  <nam:ejb-ref>

    <nam:ref-name>ejb/CustomerHome</nam:ref-name>

    <nam:target-name>

      geronimo.server:EJBModule=MDBDemo,J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=EntityBean,name=CustomerEJB

    </nam:target-name>

  </nam:ejb-ref>

Ideally, we don’t want users to perform such extra efforts while porting their Geronimo specific plans in eclipse.   I am not sure what can be done in the plugin code to perform a loose XML checking… it seems to use the WTP/pre-requisites’ code to perform the XML checking.   Thoughts?

Thanks,

Lin