+ 1 for 3.
    Any warning during startup creates lots of doubts for a new user.
Change the warning to a welcome message something like :
Geronimo, J2EE1.4 certified on JVM 1.4
   It will be nice if the createDB.bat(sh) scripts of daytrader could
be modified to give the warning -
   "You are using 1.5, This application can not be deployed because..."

Thanks
Anita