On 6/2/06, Bryan Noll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I guess the downside to assigning JIRA's to non-committers is that who
knows whether the person asking to have the JIRA assigned to him/her is
someone who will actually resolve it, or someone who thinks that they
would like to and then it doesn't happen.

Thoughts?

There're several non-committers with assigned issues to them so it's
worked pretty well so for. Of course, there's some risk that a
non-committer would leave an issue assigned without being able to
spend some time working on it, but it hasn't happened yet. We trust
our community and haven't introduced any procedures to work it out
other than helping out and assiging the issue to one of us committers
with a note it's worked on and after a period of a sustained
contribution the non-committer is included in geronimo-noncommitters
group to be able to assign issues to hirself.

Just say hello and let us know you're looking into an issue and we'll
take greater care to not re-assign it to us, committers. Comment the
issue you're at that it's already occupied, too. Just for the record.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl