I'd like to second Erin's comment about the "Deploying Applications"
section.  The following command will not work, I promise.

<geronimo_home>/bin/java -jar deployer.jar help [command]

I also agree that Java 5 compatibility should be emphasized -- perhaps
"Geronimo is certified on Sun's JDK 1.4.2, but aside from the CORBA
features, it should run well on any 1.4.2 or 1.5 JVM."

I also think it's worth mentioning the "login" command in the
Deploying applications section.

In the significant changes section:
- We should add plugins.  "Geronimo applications, server features,
and integrated products can be distributed as Geronimo plugins.
Plugins are easy to install, automatically download any dependencies,
and do not require server restarts."  Perhaps a separate point for
server cloning.  "Using the plugin infrastructure, applications or
modules can be copied from one Geronimo installation to another (from
developer to developer, test to production, etc.)."

- For the console point, let's add "JMS resource configuration"

- The hot deploy exclusion for the repository is not correct.  Hot
deployed files are copied into the repository like anything else.

- For the Little G point, the grammar is wrong.  "Little-G, a
minimal, small footprint, Tomcat and Jetty configurations are
available."

- We should add a point about in-place deployment.  "Geronimo
supports in-place deployment, which means an archive or directory can
be deployed without being copied into the Geronimo directory tree."

In the overall project status, I think we need to list initial Java EE
5 support as a major goal of the next release.

In the Jira section, I think all the entries should be word-wrapped at
77 characters or so.

Thanks,
   Aaron

On 6/8/06, Hernan Cunico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> Hernan Cunico wrote:
>
>> Dave Colasurdo wrote:

>>> Thanks Hernan!  A few comments:
>>>
>>> 1) In section "Installing and Starting Geronimo"
>>>
>>> Suspect the geronimo.sh reference should be ./geronimo.sh
>>

>> I did not include the ./ because I specified the full path. Having the
>> full path do you still need to specify the ./ ?
>>

> Nope.  It works fine with the full path.
>
>>> 2) In section "Significant Changes"
>>>
>>> -Shared Library Support
>>> -Statement Cache for JDBC drivers
>>> -Dynamic Plugin support
>>> -In-place deployment of exploded applications
>>> -Dependent Package Upgrades (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.)
>>

>> DONE.
>>

> Thanks
>
>>> 3)Also, probably want a new section on "Migrating applications from
>>> previous releases" that references the existence of the Upgrade tool
>>> that David J has created (and Lin is documenting) and any other major
>>> differences that existing users will need to know.  It should link to
>>> any other migration documentation that we have.
>>

>> Is that doc already available, I couldn't find the pointer on the dev
>> list.
>>

> http://www.mail-archive.com/user@geronimo.apache.org/msg03519.html

AHA! I was looking at the wrong thread :)
Thanks Dave

Cheers!
Hernan