John Sisson wrote:

6. Third Party Licenses. This needs to be reviewed and the appropriate licenses compiled. Volunteers? We did not have one in the 1.0 stream so I'd like clarification if this is a requirement or something that can be deferred.
IMO this is a requirement. Just have a look at some of the licenses for components we are redistributing.

I have collated a list of components attached to a file in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2112 indicating whether IMHO they require an attribution in the NOTICES.txt file or a license included in the LICENSE.txt file and where to get the information from. There are some that require further investigation as IMNAL. Can people please look at the file attached to GERONIMO-2112 and see if there are any obvious omissions/errors and comment on the items requiring further investigation.

If someone has time to pick it up from and start assembling the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt files, please do, otherwise I'll continue in the morning (Sydney time).

John,
I am also investigating. I suspect jdom and castor may also need to be added to the list.. Will make an initial pass at the files and attach them to GERONIMO-2112.. Of course IANAL.. :)

Thanks
-Dave-