On 6/14/06, Mittler, Nathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For map messages, on the c++ side of things we would essentially have to
write a schema file for the layout of a map message.  The c++ stomp
client would have to be coded against that schema to properly parse the
message.  Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of using a tool like
XStream that uses reflection ... makes you wonder why people still code
in c++! =)

;)

A stomp client could just expose the XML as text; then the client
application can  process it however it wants - as plain text or do
regex on it or use some xml parser of its choosing etc.

My rambling about XStream was really focussed on the Stomp transport
inside the ActiveMQ broker - i.e. the stomp <-> JMS bridge - rather
than the clients. I'd not want to force all Stomp clients to support
some kinda XStream feature. I like the rule that telnet has to be a
compliant Stomp cilent :)

-

James
-------