Hi Jason,

The problem is that it can take weeks to do a geronimo release since
stuff like CTS testing is involved.  So the release work (putting the
finishing touches) needs to be done in a branch so that work can
continue on the next release.

Perhaps m2 has a way of dealing with those issues along with
re-cutting releases and such.  But since I have not done a m2 based
release yet, I'm not sure what's involved.  Could you clarify it a bit
for me?

On 6/21/06, Jason Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I agree that we should avoid branching.  But I do agree with the 1.1.1
> branch.  It's a dead-end branch in that it's only used to prepare he
> release.  Applying last minute fixes and changing version numbers.
> Since it's a dead-end branch, once the release if approved
> moving/deleting it makes sense.

I would make those changes on the 1.1 branch (or trunk if we were
using that codebase), then release and let Maven make the tag and
then update the versions to the next SNAP.

When moving to m2 we really need to follow the m2 release system,
else the number of changes to poms is going to get out of control and
will be very error prone.

--jason

--
Regards,