On 6/22/06, Aaron Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
+1 To Jason's comments with Hiram's comments...

I think we should do all development of 1.1.x in branches/1.1 (with
version 1.1.N-SNAPSHOT).  But at the time we code freeze for a
release, I think we should svn copy branches/1.1 to branches/1.1.N and
finalize the version numbers there (to version 1.1.N) and make any
last-minute tweaks there and update branches/1.1 to version number
1.1.(N+1)-SNAPSHOT.  When we have a candidate for the release, then we
can svn copy branches/1.1.N to tags/1.1.N and build the release from
the tag.

BTW: I don't think there is any harm in doing the release from the
branch if the branch is copied to the tag since the source code should
be identical between them.  I think we should perhaps avoid creating
the the tag until we KNOW that the binary is approved.

Thanks,
   Aaron

--
Regards,