Hi Shiva,

On Jul 3, 2006, at 2:56 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

Hi Sachin,
I too am facing the same problem as Donald during the assembly of Eclipse Plugin. I am building Revision 418691 of the trunk, using Sun JDK 1.4.2_08 & Maven 2.0.4 on a WinXP sp2 machine.

Ok, I'll see if I can reproduce on another machine and dig into it.

By the way, I am interested in contributing to Geronimo Eclipse Plugin. Last year I have done some work on Eclipse Plugin Development and I am comfortable with SWT, JFace and Plugin Development. Also, some of the work I did in Eclipse Drag and Drop got published here: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ os-ecl-dragdrop/index.html

Great! SWT and JFace experience is definitely something we could use. So one of the big things we need coverage on is providing Form Page editors for our deployment plans. Currently if you double click for example on the geronimo-web.xml it will open up a form editor. You will see that the coverage is currently very minimal and due to my lack of UI creativity many of the tables and such look exactly the same. :) The wizards are also very primative and we desperately need to enhance these. So if you're interested this would be a great place to contribute. This would also help you get a good understanding of each of the geronimo deployment plans.

Last one week I have been browsing through the Geronimo Dev Mailing Lists, as well as JIRA, to figure out how I can contribute to the Eclipse plugin development. If you can point me to a few to-do items of immediate interest, I would be more than happy to pick them up and start working on them right away.

Thanks,
Shiva Kumar

On 7/1/06, Sachin Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: You have to invoke it manually as you've done. I haven't figured out
how to invoke a build+assembly in one step.  As far as the file sizes
kevan saw the same problem, and we couldn't figure out why.

On Jun 30, 2006, at 5:15 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> I just checked out Rev418113 of the Eclipse plugin trunk, started
> with a clean m2 repo and successfully got a "mvn install" to
> complete after several attempts.
>
> But, when I look in the assembly/ directory, no target/ directory
> was created.  Is this expected?
>
> When I ran mvn from the assembly directory, it created a target
> directory, but the following zipfiles were only 22 bytes each -
>    g-eclipse-plugin-1.1-deployable.zip
>    g-eclipse-plugin-1.1-updatesite.zip
>
> I'm building on WinXP with Maven 2.0.4 and Sun Java 1.4.2_12-b03.
>

> -Donald

-sachin

-sachin