On Jul 10, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

On Jul 10, 2006, at 5:16 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

On 7/10/06, Sachin Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No critical reason, just a time frame on when I'll upload the driver to the
distribution size if no -1's have been casted.

That's interesting...would that mean that if Geronimo 1.2 is about to
release only 72 hours matters or 3+ votes?

Is it required that every PMC must vote? If not, then yes, I would think so.  A released is only stopped if a -1 is received, not if people abstain from a vote.

No, that's not right. A release is a majority vote. You can't "veto" a release with a -1. And, I think, there's no minimum vote requirement. Although if you only have 3 +1 votes, then I'd say something is probably wrong...  72 hours seems to be considered a minimum vote timeframe... I think we had something similar for some of the G 1.1 release votes...

--kevan

The first one just unzips into your ECLIPSE_HOME.  Once released, the second
is the distribution that gets unzipped into the update manager site.  The
packaging is a little different.  The second one can also be tested by
unzipping anywhere on your filesystem and creating a "local" update site to
it.  The site.xml is not really needed to test it.

Which one do I need to download
and what are the steps to test it out? Just unpack to $ECLIPSE_HOME
dir? Just downloaded Eclipse 3.2 and am ready to give it a whirl.

You can start with Eclipse 3.2 but will need to go to the update manager to
add WTP and its requirements.  Or you can download the WTP-all in one
package.  I'm working as-we speak on a eclipse-plugin FAQ for the wiki that
will contain further detailed info.

Looking forward to reading it.

Another question is about the naming - why is the plugin named -
g-eclipse-... nor geronimo-eclipse-...?

No reason.  I can rename them.  Keep in mind these zips are not the primary way of installation and only an alternate, as the recommended approach to installing is through the update manager.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

-sachin