Why not use Xen ( http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Xen )?

If you just plan to use VMWare workstation, then chances are you are going to be wasting a bunch of cycles. Would be better to just run multiple instances of Geronimo.

I've had really bad luck with VMWare in the past so I am a bit jaded to using it. Previously we had a big box running ESX, and a few virtual machines on it. We setup our main build/ci server as one of them... and it was so slow.... the vm had 100% utilization, but the host was only at like 20%.

--jason