inline..

--- Aaron Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 8/6/06, Jason Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Aug 6, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > > * OpenEJB downloads specs instead of using the ones build during
> the
> > > prior spec build phase

   This is because openejb uses different version of specs than
geronimo. I do not understand why this is so but it explains why
openejb downloads the specs. Here are the versions used by openejb rev
2835:

<geronimoSpecActivationVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecActivationVersion>
  <geronimoSpecCorbaVersion>1.0-SNAPSHOT</geronimoSpecCorbaVersion>
<geronimoSpecJ2eeVersion>1.1-SNAPSHOT</geronimoSpecJ2eeVersion>

    (Geronimo uses 1.0.1 for the following specs)
        <geronimoSpecEjbVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecEjbVersion>

<geronimoSpecJ2eeConnectorVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJ2eeConnectorVersion>

<geronimoSpecJ2eeDeploymentVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJ2eeDeploymentVersion>
        <geronimoSpecJ2eeJaccVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJ2eeJaccVersion>

<geronimoSpecJ2eeManagementVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJ2eeManagementVersion>

<geronimoSpecJavamailVersion>1.1-SNAPSHOT</geronimoSpecJavamailVersion>
        <geronimoSpecJaxrVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJaxrVersion>
        <geronimoSpecJaxrpcVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJaxrpcVersion>
        <geronimoSpecJmsVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJmsVersion>
        <geronimoSpecJspVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJspVersion>
        <geronimoSpecJtaVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecJtaVersion>
        <geronimoSpecQnameVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecQnameVersion>
        <geronimoSpecSaajVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecSaajVersion>
        <geronimoSpecServletVersion>1.0</geronimoSpecServletVersion>

> > The specs built from bootstrap are only for the JavaMail bits that
> > Rick added... and is again temporary until we get things published
> > regularly from CI.
>
> So we have to build like 20 specs just to get JavaMail?  That's
> bizarre -- why don't we just check out JavaMail?

    This is a good point. Only JavaMail spec uses a SNAPSHOT version,
hence this is the only one that could possibly get out of sync.

Thanks
Anita

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/javax/servlet/jsp-api/2.0/jsp-api-2.0.pom

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.pom