On Aug 7, 2006, at 4:59 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
On 8/6/06, Jason Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Aug 6, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> * OpenEJB downloads specs instead of using the ones build during the
> prior spec build phase

The specs built from bootstrap are only for the JavaMail bits that
Rick added... and is again temporary until we get things published
regularly from CI.

So we have to build like 20 specs just to get JavaMail?  That's
bizarre -- why don't we just check out JavaMail?

Should not need to build any of the specs... or openejb2... but non of that is published anywhere, so for the very short-term we just build them here.

Really?  It was enough for me to grep my bootstrap.log:

[INFO] Building Geronimo Applications :: Demo
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync- repository/javax/servlet/jsp-api/2.0/jsp-api-2.0.pom
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync- repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.pom
Downloading: http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/javax/servlet/jsp-api/ 2.0/jsp-api-2.0.jar
Downloading: http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet- api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.jar

This could be due to the jspc plugin, or the jasper-runtime.

> * I swear I'm running everything under Java 1.4, and I did a whole
> new bootstrap build, and the OpenEJB compile worked, but the bootstrap
> ultimately failed with:
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> --------------------------------------------------------------------- -
> --
> [INFO] java.io.IOException: Unable to serialize GBeanData for
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?
> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
> car,j2eeType=CORBABean,name=UnprotectedServer
>
> org/omg/CSI/EstablishContext

I have not seen this.  Has anyone else?

> Maybe this isn't my fault? Maybe someone push bad CORBA specs again?

No sure... what platform?  Did you have a clean repo, or did you
circumvent the repo cleaning?

Clean repo.

Dunno... sounds like an environment problem.

--jason