Dain Sundstrom wrote:
On Aug 10, 2006, at 6:42 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

I can see the difficulty pointed out by Jason and the benefit raised by Dain. I've never liked versioning parts of Geronimo that rarely change and am all for making things more consumable externally.

The proposal as it stands is fairly generic. Is the idea to relocate Tx Manager and Connector to be top-level projects withing Geronimo and build separately or some kind of hybrid in the current tree. If we are going to release them independently then I think they should be top-level in Geronimo (and I know thats a lot more work).

I wanted to get a general sense before discussing the details, since there would be no point if were against independent versioning. I was thinking we should put each them in a tree which is a peer to Geronimo trunk. I also think we should generally only use released versions of the jars in Geronimo (i.e., no snapshots) for two reasons 1) it is much easier to maintain from a build perspective and 2) is will push us to do more frequent releases of them.

Not sure I understand the last statement. (no snapshots)

-dain