So does anyone have any ideas on an agreeable solution to this JIRA? I don't think David's comments in the JIRA as an alternate solution don't fully address the problem.

(1) Need to be able to provide external individual jar entries to the shared library
(2) Need to be able to add additional external classes folder to the shared library
(3) Do both without having to modify the server config which requires a server restart, which needs to be avoided.  At worst case the shared lib config should need to be recycled.

This again I must stress, is a development time scenario to be able to treat Geronimo as a "test environment".  I understand the implications of doing this, and agree that this should not be an in-production feature that we should be promoting.  But in order to improve our tooling integration with the runtime, we must start putting in features that may not necessarily make sense from a pure runtime perspective but certainly does from a development standpoint.

Input appreciated.

-sachin