--- Jason Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> IMO we should not overload the <scope> mechanism here, but define new
>
> configuration elements that allow us to add the additional metadata
> needed....

    Bill, if you do not want to improve the existing car-maven-plugin,
you will need to use the scope.

 just like how I added classpathPrefix to be used to
> control the prefix for manifest entries.

IMO, the classpath should be constructed dynamically using the
transitive dependencies of the modules, i.e for j2ee-system config use
dependencies of the system module. The way it is now is very hard to
maintain. Every time a dependency is changed in the system module, most
executable configurations must be updated manually. The current way of
maintaining hard coded dependencies in the classPath element are only
marginally better than maintaining a large string of the original
implementaion. Adding prefix to these dependencies is trivial.

Thanks
Anita